My experience treating myself with medical cannabis is that it was a feat of trial and error which was both expensive and time-consuming, but that’s probably the way it should be. People are not carbon copies of each other and there is no reason to believe that Big Pharma poisons will affect different people the same way although that is the lie we have been told. Similarly, people will respond differently to different cannabis strains, products and dosages and the only way to find something that you know will work for you is to try it. I was advised in the beginning to document my treatment progression to help me figure this out in an organized way but I was too sick and didn’t have the mental, physical or emotional reserves to document anything. The “budtenders” at the cannabis shops played a very minor supportive role by describing the most common uses and effects in alleviating different symptoms but probably their best advice was that “the nose knows.” With regard to whole flower cannabis (bud) you are supposed to inhale the scent of the different strains and the ones that smell the best to you are the ones you should try and obviously the ones that smell offensive to you are best avoided. Contrast that sage and benign advice with that of Big Pharma particularly in the case of Crohn’s and other autoimmune and chronic illnesses where we are advised and expected to take Big Pharma poisons that we know make us feel worse.
I started having noticeable issues with gastrointestinal symptoms and food intolerances early in life, if you can call diet sodas and artificial sweeteners “food.” I was about 12 years old when NutraSweet went on the market. It became immensely popular and was used in the diet sodas and sugar-free candies and gums all my tween-aged friends were drinking, eating and chewing. Personally, I couldn’t stand the stuff. It made me nauseated and bloated and made my mouth water sickeningly. Over the years, other so-called sugar substitutes came to market and I tried them all, but every one of them made me sick. My grandmother’s Sweet n’ Low was clearly poison and I never touched it. As for reacting badly to actual real food, that didn’t start until later.